Thursday, 22 March 2012

Compressor and Alternator Mounting and Driving

Today I determined the mounting points for the compressor and alternator and designed a bracket for them. The bracket will offset the pulley faces because instead of using one drive pulley for both components as I initially intended, Gerry recommended I drive them separately to give each one the most possible contact surface with the belt and greatest torque.

The chain sprocket on the drive axle will now have 2 pulleys in front of it. I managed to get a hold of a few pulleys today too but I still need to determine if circumference of any of them will work.

The mounting bracket will consist of 3 separate pieces bolted together. The main base will use the existing battery holder mount on the engine side along with the two points where the top engine mount bolts to the frame. 



The other two brackets will bolt to the main bracket and will support each of the two components. The goal is to be able to adjust them back and forth so that they can line up with the respective drive pulleys on the shaft below.

No comments:

Post a Comment